Siquijor is one of the mysterious places in the Philippines. The “Healing Island” of Central Visayas is also the perfect destination for beachgoers, adventure seekers, nature lovers, and tourists.
However, the main challenge for first-time visitors who want to go to the island province is knowing how to get there. Here is a guide on how to go to Siquijor if you’re from Manila or Cebu.
How to Get to Siquijor from Manila
- Book an airplane ticket going from Manila to Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. Cebu Pacific, AirAsia, and Philippine Airlines all have flights going to Dumaguete.
- The flight usually lasts for about 1.5 hours. At the airport, hail a tricycle to the Dumaguete Sea Port. The ride usually takes 15 to 30 minutes.
- Buy a ticket and board a ferry to the port in Siquijor (the town) or Larena. Choose the one which is near your accommodation. The trip usually takes about an hour.
How to Get to Siquijor from Cebu
- Go to the Cebu South Bus Terminal. If you’re starting from Mactan Airport, ride a MyBus outside the domestic terminal, go to SM City, and take a cab to the said bus station.
- Ride the bus to Liloan port in Santander, Cebu, which usually takes four to five hours.
- Next, board a ferry to Sibulan, Negros Oriental, which has a travel time of less than half an hour.
- At the Sibulan Port, hop on a jeepney or pedicab and go to Dumaguete City.
- Once you’re in Dumaguete City, hail a tricycle and go to Dumaguete Port.
- Then, buy a ticket to Siquijor and board the ferry.
The Best Way to Get Around Siquijor
Siquijor is a relatively small island with a land area of 343.5 square kilometers. The best way to go around it is to book one of our travel packages. Hiveroom offers safe and reliable tour packages so you don’t have to worry about a thing.